Who doesn’t love the sound of birds chirping or the smell of fresh cut grass?! Combine that with the scent of someone barbecuing, and you’re summer ready!
A hot grill, ice cold drinks and good friends are all you need to host the perfect summer soiree.
Buffalo at Silverado found some great summer treats, so you’ll be the most popular person on the block. Try these delicious ideas for an affordable and delicious success.
- Meat: Chicken legs are easy to share, and you can usually find packs of 12-24 between Co-op and Costco. Steak, of course, is a usual fan favourite and is easily accessible at Bon ton Meat market, along with ribs, pork tenderloin and burgers. And if you’re looking for something light and easy shish kabobs are a great go to.
- BBQ Sauce: If you’re brave enough, you can always attempt the impossible and make a sauce from scratch. We’re obsessed with this one from Martha Stewart — just avoid overusing sugar as it tends to burn quickly. Prefer the quick and easy way? Go for any flavour from Kraft! They have a wide variety to suit everyone’s taste-buds (calorie wise is our favourite).
- Veggies: Choose your personal favorites and you can’t go wrong with any of them. Mushrooms, onions, zucchini, bell peppers, egg plant, and of course the famous corn on the cob. The choices are limitless!
- Salad: Faux cauliflower potato salad is out of this world! Just take small florets of cauliflower, and steam them for five minutes and rinse in cold water. Add chopped hard boiled eggs, diced celery, green onions, miracle whip, topped off with Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and a pinch of cumin. Toss all together and sprinkle with paprika. There ya have it— healthy, faux potato salad.
- Cocktails: The BEST part! Votes are in and we’ve chosen Sangria, Corona, and sparkling water with limes as our beverages of choice this summer.
If you enjoy barbecuing as much as we do, we’re all in for a delicious summer!
Until next time,
Whitney @ Buffalo