You’ve made it through the first month and a half of 2016, and now it’s time for a well deserved break with the family.
We sought out five different ideas for you to kick back, leave the city, explore or hoot and holler this Family Day weekend:
- Sylvan Lake Winterfest 2016: A celebration of snow and ice which even features a polar bear dip! A day full of outdoor activities for the whole family, and finishes off with a spectacular fireworks show at 7 p.m.
Where: Sylvan Lake Pier and Lakeshore at 50th Street and Lakeshore Drive.
- Eau Claire Market Family Fun Day: Eau Claire Market will be hosting an all ages carnival on Sunday and Monday, and it’s free!Ice carving, crafts, live music, face painting, hot chocolate and more.
Where: 200 Barclay Parade SW/Parking $3 all day.
- Olympic Oval Family Skate: Skate on the fastest ice in the world! Enjoy free skating with your family from 12-5 p.m. Helmets mandatory!
Tim Horton’s will be serving up coffee and hot chocolate, and there will be food, fun and other activities happening throughout the entire event.
Where: University of Calgary Olympic Oval, 2500 University Drive NW
- Devonian Gardens: See Calgary’s indoor garden oasis for some free family fun! Games, crafts, family-friendly entertainment and more from 11-3 p.m
Where: Devonian Gardens, Core Shopping Centre, 400, 317 7th Avenue SW
- Calgary Flames Game: Check out the C of red at the Saddledome and watch the flames take on the Anaheim Ducks. It’s an early game (2 p.m) so the whole family can hoot and holler!
Where: 555 Saddledome Rise SE