Meet your new neighbour!
Take a minute to get to know her:
Tell us a bit about yourself.
- I’m originally from Nova Scotia, but I have lived in Alberta since I was a teenager. I love the ocean, hiking, yoga and golf. I worked in the hospitality industry for 16 years, but now I have a management position in an office and I love it. I enjoying cooking, travelling and wine. There’s more, but those are the highlights.
How did you hear about us?
- I had looked at the showhomes at Edison a few years ago. I decided it wasn’t the right time to purchase but I still get email updates from Avi Urban.
What drew you to the community of Walden?
- I work in the south end of the city and I spend a lot of time in the mountains so it is the perfect location for me.
Why did you choose to call Jackson home?
- I recently decided it was time to buy and I heard that the showhomes were opening in Jackson so I came down. Jackson fits my lifestyle — It has the look and options I wanted in a home and the garage sealed the deal.
What is the favourite thing about your new home?
- The gas range! I love to cook and this was a must for me. Having a garage is a close second.
What is your go-to weekend activity?
- Yoga in the winter and golfing or hiking in the summer.
What’s something you always wanted to do as a child but never got to do?
- I always wanted to go to Disneyland.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- There are a few things, but one of the biggest is probably people who don’t signal when they change lanes or turn. It’s really not that difficult!
What skills do you possess that could help you survive the zombie apocalypse?
- I know how to shoot a gun and survive in the woods; pretty sure both those things would come in handy.
What’s your favourite travel destination?
- I love to travel so I don’t know if I can pick one destination, but one of my favourite places so far is Iceland.
What is your favourite restaurant in the city?
- It’s not in Calgary, but my favourite restaurant is the Bavarian Inn in Bragg Creek.
If you could master one musical instrument, what would it be?
- The guitar. I tried learning but it didn’t work out very well.
We are very excited to have Jana move in to Jackson at Walden!
Until next time,
TaraLynn @ Jackson