It’s always fun to decorate your home for the holidays, but it can get expensive and be time consuming! This can be especially exciting for first-time homeowners who are celebrating their first holiday season in their new home. It’s easy to go overboard and spend, spend, spend on gifts and decorations for your new home.
To avoid the overspending chaos, it’s best to have a plan before you head out shopping, especially if it’s around the busy holiday season. A plan helps save you time and helps save money, because when you have a plan (and stick to it) you won’t buy things you don’t need and can’t find a spot for once you get home!
Here are some tips for decorating for the holidays:
- Have a budget and stick to it – It’s easy to overspend on any holiday, so have a budget and don’t go over. You don’t need to get everything your first Christmas. Get your must-have items first and go from there. A great time to buy holiday decorations is actually on Boxing day (sales galore!), so save yourself some money and spend wisely.
- Personalize – There is no right or wrong way to decorate for the holidays, just pick a colour or theme you enjoy and run with it. Don’t have a clue where to start? There are hundreds of themes you can look up before going out shopping; like snowmen, Santa, snowflakes or evergreens!
- More than just red and green – Decorations come in all shapes and colours, so you don’t have to stick to the traditional red and green. Get creative and have fun with colours that suit your style!
- Go pre-lit – Make things easy on yourself and buy a pre-lit tree, wreath, garland or any other decoration you might want to brighten up with Christmas lights. All you’ll have to do is plug in and enjoy.
- Size matters – Christmas trees come in all styles and sizes, so regardless of space there’s an option that will suit you. There are tons of great slim trees to choose from or you can even try a trendy wall Christmas tree to save on space!
- Don’t overdo it – You’ve heard people say less is more. That definitely applies to Christmas decorations. Get decorations you absolutely love and show them off without cluttering your place. You want each decoration to have a chance to shine and reflect your personality!
So get your plan together and remember to have fun decorating your home!
Until next time,
TaraLynn @ Jackson