With spring just around the corner, it’s time to think about what you can do to get your home ready for the warmer weather. We’ve created a helpful video listing things you should take care of both inside and outside your home to avoid any spring time home disasters.
Inside your home
- Look for any settlement in your home, including your basement floor and walls. Make notes of these items so you can review it when your warranty appointment comes up.
- Ensure your humidifier is between 30% – 50% and replace the filter. You should also change the filter in your furnace at the same time.
- Check your screens in all your windows to ensure there are no holes. It might be a good idea to also shake off any dust that collected over winter.
Outside your home
- Check the gutters and downspouts for any debris. Also ensure you direct your downspout away from the foundation of your house.
- Turn on the outdoor hose bit and irrigation so you can start to grow that lush green grass!
Now you’re ready to take in all the fresh air and enjoy your new home this Spring!
Photo cred to: Centre for Neighborhood Technology
Photo cred to: Chrysti