Our showhome decorators are savvy. They’re often taking something simple and making it into something smart, and they have plenty of cool ideas to make your place extra awesome.
Everywhere we go, we’re seeing boutique hotel-inspired design. We love this look because it adds texture and luxury to a room, while still being full of character. Getting that chic hotel look in your bedroom is easy, and it starts with linens:
- Layer your linens: Lately we have loved layering our bedding to give a unique, comfy and hotel-esque look! (pillow mints at your own discretion)
- Start with a great set of sheets: White always looks crisp and generally freshens up décor and goes with any style. Quality sheets make a world of difference in how they lay and look, along with how they function after that first use.
- Find fluffy duvets: We love fluffy duvets, the bigger the better. We like to use two, one for the main bedding and one folded lengthwise at the end of the bed. This technique adds add volume, while also helping add warmth in our cold winters!
- Pick the right patterns: We like our duvet covers to accent each other. Choose one to be solid and one to be pattered, either or! Keep it fun, but make sure you keep your décor color in mind or this could get out of control. Don’t have a maid? Well go ahead and roll down the main duvet cover- it will look like you do! We use this look all the time, its inviting and causally sophisticated.
- Add texture with toss pillows: Next is the fun part- toss pillows! The men aren’t as understanding about toss pillows, but boy oh boy they look great, add character and make it look ‘oh so comfy!’ Look for colors to continue the theme or color palette of the room, throwing in a few that are an accent pattern and texture.
- Use plush and inviting touches: If you’re wondering how to complete the hotel experience, look for plush towels all in the same color, whites or taupe’s are the most ‘spa’ like. Roll a few on a guest bedroom with a fresh robe and slippers, if you never want your guests to leave!
Or treat yourself and enjoy a little ‘stay-cation.’ Get more inspiring ideas for making your bedroom look like a chic hotel on our Pinterest boards.