With autumn here, there are a few things homeowners should consider to bring their home from summer to fall. Your home is built to last, and our Avi Urban Warranty Team has tons of helpful tricks and tips to help you transition your home into cooler weather. Use this checklist to keep track of the things you need to do, and what you’ve already done.
Here are some things to keep in mind when prepping for fall around your home’s exterior:
· Check all exterior weather stripping to ensure its intact
· Check roof to ensure shingles have not blown off
· Lower the down pipe extensions around the house so water drains away from the foundation
· Check exterior wall covering for required maintenance
· Bring in plastic pots and planters
· Drain your hose bibs
· Cover air conditioning unit outside, if applicable
Remember to do these things to transition from summer to fall inside your home:
· Have furnace checked and ducts cleaned
· Replace dirty furnace filter
· Clean humidifier
· Change batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detector, if applicable
· Flush hot water tank to remove sediment
As an Avi Urban homeowner, remember that you receive the Avi Urban One Year Warranty. Plus, every homeowner gets a personal visit from our team after three months and again at twelve months, along with on-call and after-hours service.
Any questions about taking your new townhome or condo from summer to fall? Comment below or check out our Facebook page to post a question.