We have lots of exciting news to share in this month’s construction update!
- I’m thrilled to announce that we’ve broken ground on August at University District! On Monday, November 19, we celebrated the start of construction for the mixed-use, six-storey development. Excitement was in the air — between homeowners, Avi Urban staff and trades, developer partners and supportive peers – all on hand to celebrate the much anticipated event.
Throughout the community:
- The Northwest Commons Park: This is complete and open to the public. I encourage you to come check it out if you haven’t already. Parking is free at the Discovery Centre, it’s only a block away from where August is located and it offers up tons of activities for all ages.
- The North Pond and urban dog park: This area is open, the construction fencing along 32 Ave is coming down and the construction team is finishing up pedestrians access points.
- Block 22 (where Save-On-Foods will be): With the parkade nearly complete, construction has started on the first level of the building.
- New BRT Station: The city is currently constructing the bus rapid transit stop on McLaurin St., which will make it a breeze to get in and out of the community. For more info. of routes, visit calgarytransit.com or dial 311.
- New street names: Alberta transportation is updating the new street names in the University District. We don’t have all of them yet, but here’s what we know so far:
- West Campus Way is now University Avenue
- West Campus Drive is now McLaurin Street
- Formerly West Campus Blvd. has changed to University Blvd.
Feel free to give us a call at 587.349.7838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Until next time,
Bre @ August