Moving can be scary. With possession dates in Buffalo at Silverado just around the corner, I thought I’d help ease the transition by compiling a list of six helpful moving tricks to make your life easier.
- DIY box handles – Picking up boxes can be awkward when they don’t have handles, so cut upside down triangles on each side to create handholds.
- Pack a first night box – When you’re in the midst of moving it’s a good idea to pack a bag for the first few days. Pack like you are going on a trip and you won’t need to hunt through all the boxes to find every day items.
- Take a photo of your cords – Before you pack up all your electronics and unhook everything, take a picture of the cords and where they connect to your electronics. You can thank me later.
- Safely move plate wear – Put foam plates between your plates to prevent them from breaking.
- Cover hanging clothes – Keep clothes protected on hangers by covering them with garbage bags. You can transport them straight from one closet to the other without the added hassle of re-washing everything.
- Utilize everything – Put sharp knives in oven mitts, wrap towels around delicate items, put plastic wrap around your cutlery tray and use blankets to cover big items. You’ll save money on moving supplies and keep all that material out of the landfills!
Bre @ Buffalo