Forget spending hours stuck in weekend traffic, trying to escape the city for some R&R at your favourite lake — you’ll live next door to it in Canoe at Auburn Bay!
Now that the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming, we’re reminded of all the fun activities the Auburn Bay Community Association has to offer it’s residents. Take advantage of lake life by laying out in the sunshine, going for a dip or getting active.
Here’s a list of our fave ways to enjoy the lake this summer:
- Reserve one of four picnic shelters for up to 3 hours for $15 per hour and host the ultimate summer BBQ.
- Rent tennis racquets, footballs, basketballs and volleyballs are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Make things interesting by grabbing your crew for a lakeside volleyball challenge; the losing team buys dinner
- Get your workout in with some friendly competition on the tennis courts. Proper tennis etiquette and attire are required, so you finally have and excuse to buy that sweet new tennis outfit you’ve been eyeing.
Boat & stand up paddle (SUP) board rentals
- Rowboats, canoes, kayaks and pedal boats are available for residents on a first come first serve basis.
- SUP boards are available for residents, age 16 and up, on a first come first serve basis.
- Work on your fishing skills! The daily limit is 2 fish per member with a monthly limit of 12 fish per household. And though ABRA encourages the catch-and-release practice, if fish is kept it must be reported to Auburn House.
Did we mention the best part? All the rentals are free with your lake access card!