Freakin’ Scary Man!
Halloween is just around the corner and we’ve dug up the graves to find some spooky events for you to explore!
Family friendly Events
- There’s always something fun to do in Auburn Bay! The community offers a number of special events throughout the year and are hosting their spooky Halloween Haunted House again, at the Auburn House. The theme is Prom Night, so come dressed in your most frightening costumes! They’ll have a photo booth on site – bring a date!
When: Sneak peek nights are Thursday, October 29th 6:00 p.m-7:30 p.m and Friday, October 30th 6:00 p.m – 7:00 p.m
Saturday, October 31st 6:00 p.m – 8:30 p.m
- Join TELUS Spark this Halloween at their Monster Mash Up, as they serve up some ghoulishly great activities!
When: Saturday October 24 10:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m & Sunday October 25 10:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m
- Go on a Halloween ghost tour of downtown and surrounding areas!
When: Saturday October 24 & 31 6:00 p.m – 11:00 p.m
- Experience ScreamFest, Canada’s largest and scariest Halloween event (rated ages 13+) down at the Grandstand Building in Stampede Park.
When: October 16-17, 23-25, 29-31 7:00 p.m – 12 a.m
- Find your way through the dark corn mazes and haunted houses at Flashlight Nights & Freaky Fridays at Cobb’s Corn Maze and Family Fun Park!
When: Fridays, October 16, 23 & 30 4:00 p.m – 9:00 p.m
- Take your little ghouls to experience Ghouls’ Night Out! at Heritage Park.
October 24-25, 29-30 6:00 p.m – 9:00 p.m
Adult Only Events
- See what evil is lurking with the powerful and thrilling play, The Crucible at Theatre Calgary.
When: October 13- November 8. Check website for show times.
- Enjoy a murder mystery dinner theatre, Act 1, Murder 2: Night of the Living Dead, at Fort Calgary.
When: Saturday October 31 6:30 p.m – 10:00 p.m
- Trick or Treat? Try this unique Halloween candy pairing at Willow Park Wine & Spirits.
When: Wednesday October 28 7:00 p.m
- The newest Halloween attraction that tells a creepy story at Grim Manor in Sunridge Mall (old Target space).
When: Thursday to Saturday’s October 15 – October 31 7:00 p.m – 11:00 p.m.
- Show your best Michael Jackson moves at Thrill the World Calgary 2015 with the biggest zombie dance mob in Calgary, to honor the late Michael Jackson, at Southcentre Mall.
When: Saturday October 24 2:00 p.m
Pet friendly Event
Dress your furry friend up and head down to the Calgary Marathon Society’s Dash of Doom at Eau Claire Plaza. There are prizes for best dressed pet so pull out the best costume! This event proudly supports the Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society, which helps improve the lives of rescued animals.
When: Saturday October 24 5:00 p.m
Happy freakin’ scary event hunting!