It’s finally feeling like winter is on it’s way out and the warmer weather of spring is on its we in! Now that we can open our window and get the fresh air flowing through our homes again it’s time to think about spring cleaning!
New homes are not immune from dirt and grim so to keep your new home looking new, here are a few tips for sprucing up for spring that goes beyond your regular dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning.
- Change that furnace filter! In a new home there can be lot of drywall dust still floating around, which means you actually need to change that furnace filter more often.
- Clean the humidifier. Humidifiers disperse water into the air in your home so you’re breathing in clean air. I mean, you wouldn’t drink coffee from a coffee machine containing month-old water, would you?
- De-clutter. It’s a great idea is to use Post-its to label “keep”, “donate”, and “trash” items.
- Donate. Get rid of those clothes you thought you’d wear this winter but never touched, or the spring/summer clothes you’ve starting to pull out that no longer fit.
- Keep that brand new carpet looking new by getting a professional carpet cleaning or go the DIY route by renting a carpet shampoo/streamer.
- Test your fire and carbon monoxide detectors. Even if it’s brand new this should always be checked.
- Reseal the tile grout to keep it looking new longer.
- Pull out your window screens and clean them.
- While its not too hot outside it’s a great time to clean the oven.
- Don’t forget about your fridge – Pull everything out, check expiration dates and toss anything that’s expired. The same goes for the piles of forgotten leftovers in the freezer.
Doing this now will free up your time for when the weather is too nice to be stuck inside cleaning!
Until next time,
TaraLynn @ Jackson