The Crowchild Trail/Flanders Avenue Interchange Under Construction Until Summer 2017
Flanders Bridge will close at 7 p.m. on September 4, 2015 and will re-open in fall 2015.
In recent weeks, preparatory work for the construction of the new Flanders Interchange has begun. Construction is also underway for the new on-ramp for southbound Crowchild Trail with a completion date of mid-September.
The Flanders Interchange construction process will be in full swing beginning the September long weekend. Bridge demolition will take place from 7 p.m. September 4 until 6 a.m. September 8. Traffic delays are expected and drivers should avoid Crowchild Trail from 33 Avenue to 50 Avenue/Mount Royal Gate SW during the long weekend.
Steps are being taken to reduce the negative impacts as much as possible. The three new Interchange roundabouts will be open to traffic in fall 2016. The entire Interchange is scheduled for completion by summer 2017.
- West Side Flanders Interchange: Opens Fall 2016
- Flanders Avenue Bridge: Closed Sept 2015 to Fall 2016 (Bridge demolished Sept 4-8, 2015) Opens Fall 2015
- Northbound Crowchild Ramps: to and from Flanders Ave closed Sept 2015 to Fall 2016
- East Side Flanders Interchange: Opens Fall 2016
- Flanders Avenue: Closed to Amiens Road SW, Sept 2015 to Fall 2016
Stay Informed & Learn More:
Flandersinterchange.ca & Calgary.ca/flanders
In Person: Flanders Interchange Resource Centre, Currie Sales Centre J5 2953 Battleford Ave SW: Monday – Thursday 2:00-8:00pm I Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 12:00-5:00pm
Text: Receive traffic updates by texting’Flanders’ to 393939
September 1st , 2015 6:00-9:00pm
Military Museums Atrium, 4520 Crowchild Tr SW