It’s that time of year to get the last of the fall chores done around the yard, but have you thought about how you’re going to prepare your home for the colder months?
As much as we hate to admit it, the cold weather is coming. And as Canadians, we all know what’s in store: ice, snow and freezing cold winds.
Maintenance tasks need to be done on a seasonal basis and we have some home maintenance tips for keeping your home beautiful and functioning at its best, all while preparing for winter.
1. Check all weather stripping on windows and doors.
2. To offset winter dryness, check your humidifier and change out the filter and increase the humidistat.
3. Turn off all outdoor water taps and drain lines.
4. Change outdoor lights.
5. Pack away those summer/fall tools and pull our your winter supplies.
6. Keep your gutters and drains clear and ensure the drainage leads away from your house.
Stay ahead of Old Man Winter with these quick tips, and check out our video for more details.