2017 is going to be different!
Okay, okay….we’re all guilty of it. January 1 rolls around every year and we set goals to make astronomical changes to our lives over the next twelve months. Within the month most of these aspirations fall to the wayside and we’re settled comfortably back into our old habits.
We’re sharing some life hacks to help you keep on track with your New Years resolution.
- Choose ONE resolution
- It would be nearly impossible to change everything so make a concrete decision on one thing that matters the most to you. And make sure it’s attainable—setting unrealistic goals is just setting yourself up to fail.
- Plan ahead
- Whether you want to quit smoking, workout five times a week or (insert resolution here), be sure to read up on the best ways to succeed. If it’s working out for instance, get all your gear, join a gym and sign up for classes ahead of time so you can’t make excuses later.
- Get started
- Write down your resolution somewhere you will see it often—a mirror, a whiteboard, a card in your wallet. This way the constant reminder will keep you on track and motivated.
- Allow slip-ups
- Nobody’s perfect. You’re allowed to skip a day at the gym or sneak a cigarette when you need to, but recognize what caused the minor set-back and avoid it going forward.
- Treat yo’self
- Reward yourself for good behaviour! Start by having small weekly rewards, and as the year progresses make them bigger monthly rewards. It’s easier to stay motivated when you’ve got extra rewards to look forward to.