April 22 was Earth Day; a day when people from all over the world shows support to environmental protection. Though Earth Day may only happen once a year, we found some valuable tips that you can use year round to be more environmentally conscious.
Here are some tips that benefit our environment and save you money:
- Turn off the lights every time you leave the room
- Unplug devices and turn off electronics when not in use
- Buy locally-grown produce to reduce your carbon footprint
- Try carpooling or public transport instead of driving
- Ditch the plastic — Use reusable shopping bags
- Fix leaky taps and turn off water when not in use
- Reduce waste by using reusable containers and products
- Recycle and reuse as much as you can
- Plant a tree in your neighbourhood
As an industry leading, environmentally friendly home builder, Avi Urban uses locally produced and long lasting materials to build our projects. In Maverick at Livingston, we promote high efficiency appliances and toilets and LED lights in the kitchens and bedrooms, which play a role in your electricity bills and low condo fees.
To learn more contact us or email us or visit us in our showhome!
Anthony @ Maverick