We’ve got some good news for our residents in Maverick at Livingston. There’s a new pilot transit program coming to a bus stop near you!
During the first community AGM last Monday, Charles Rushton from Calgary Transit gave an update about an on-demand transit service that’s coming our way.
For those of you who missed it, here are some of the details:
- On Demand Transit will be coming to Livingston in May, which will be a 12 month pilot
- 2 x 7 passenger accessible vans (will be re-assessed based on demand)
- You’ll be able to order a bus to and from Livingston through an app, where you can also see the bus location in real time
- The bus will use existing bus stops until a need for more designated stops is identified
- It will take approximately 15 min. target from the time a bus is ordered to the time it picks a passenger
- The bus can be pre-ordered
- Pricing same as regular transit, including transfers, and passengers will require bus passes or credit cards to ride, as the bus doesn’t accept cash
- The bus will take you to and from the main transit hub at North Point, which also connects you to a variety of different buses including the 301 that goes direct to downtown
- The bus will operate Monday-Friday from 5:30 a.m. -8 p.m. and 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. on weekends
- A bike rack may be attached to each bus, but this is not 100% confirmed yet
With the new transit getting around the city will be a breeze, giving you even more reason to be excited to live in this growing community!
Until next time,
Becky @ Maverick