Just minutes away from Auburn Bay is the up-and-coming community of Seton.
Unlike the suburban feel of residential communities in the deep southern parts of Calgary, Seton is envisioned to become the new urban heart of the south. Seton will be more than just a residential community, business park or shopping complex. Rather, it will encompass all of these features into one.
Their vision is to bring all the excitement found in the downtown core closer to residents of southern Calgary. A core outside the core, created by Brookfield Residential. Seton will have everything from residential condos, office space, shopping, entertainment, education and health and fitness in one concentrated area. You can see that vision already beginning, with coffee shops, restaurants, grocery stores and other amenities taking shape in the first phase. When completed, Seton will be one of the most comprehensive mixed-use developments in North America.
To give you an idea of what’s already going on and what Seton’s plans include:
- Over two-and-a-half million square feet of office and retail space
- Two hotels
- 16 acre regional park (similar to Riley Park in Kensington)
- 1,300 urban condo units
- The South Calgary Health Campus (Calgary’s newest and largest hospital, and although only partly completed, is already a world-class facility)
- Future City-funded regional recreation centre (projected to be completed by 2018, will include a water park, competition lane pool, diving, two multi-purpose ice rinks, gymnasiums, a fitness centre, a theatre, art space and a full-service public library)
- VIP Cineplex Odeon movie theatre (opening soon)
- Future southeast LRT
- A Bus Rapid Transit, BRT (until LRT is built)
- Regional District (for retailers such as Save-On Foods, Real Canadian Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart, banks, and other financial institutions)
- Design District (home décor and fashion boutiques)
- Market street (mix of specialty shops, boutiques and cafes)
Residents of Auburn Bay are in such close proximity to this amazing community… who wouldn’t want to live here? Come visit us at Canoe in Auburn Bay to discuss available floor plans. www.aviurban.com/canoe