It is undeniable that Willow at Sherwood has some of the best curb appeal around! With full Hardie Board and brick exteriors, beautiful colonial exterior style and extensive landscaping, no detail has been overlooked. Another unique feature to our exteriors are the window boxes that you can add a personal touch to and customize your new home.
Our planter boxes are 45″ in length, 12″ in width and 12″ in height, giving you room to plant any flowers or greenery you enjoy.
Now, I have found that our window boxes are a tricky length if buying a planter/container from your local garden center, so you’ll need to buy two smaller rectangular planters or three to four pots.
Here are a few local places to get your supplies:
- Home Depot at Beacon Hill
- Blue Grass Garden Center – by Cross Iron Mall
- Reno Depot at Creekside
- Michaels at Beacon Hill- if you are looking for non-floral options
All of our window boxes are on the second and/or third floors, so you might be wondering how you’ll be able to water your planters?
- Carefully pop that window screen out and water it every few days
- Use moisture control potting soil to keep the moisture in longer
- Use a plant watering spike as this will water itself until you have to refill the spike
There are different flowers and foliage to choose from, so get creative! Don’t forget, window boxes aren’t just for spring/summer! There are great ideas for fall and winter too!…think pumpkins and poinsettias!
Until next time,
TaraLynn @ Willow
Photo Credit: Garden Requisites
Flickr – Rachel Kramer