A few weeks ago I blogged about rebooting your fitness, and the places to hit up that are close to Willow at Sherwood…. well this week, I went to try one of these new workouts that I haven’t done before, but I’ve heard a lot about…it’s called Orangetheory Fitness.
The intensity of your workout is based on your heart rate, so Orangetheory Fitness can be for anyone! Whether you are new to fitness, or a professional athlete, it depends how intense you wanna get! Each class is different, and every session is energetic. The results? More energy, visible toning and extra calorie burn.
So I put the theory to the test.
- Easy to start – I got two sessions and one nutrition consultation for free (every location is a little different with what they offer)
- Trainers are there to push you and help you through the class and different exercises
- It is heart rate based to help push you to get the most out of your workout – No slacking!
- Different pay options: once per week, twice per week, unlimited monthly or per class packages, making it affordable for all
- Lots of different class times to fit with any schedule
The not so good:
- Members must purchase an Orangetheory fitness strap and heart-rate monitor. $59 and it’s yours to keep and it will work outside the Orangetheory facilities. First-time students are able to borrow one from the studio. If you already have a heart rate monitor, it wont’ work with their system and you’ll still need to purchase one of theirs.
- Cardio is primarily limited to treadmill and rower, however there are a couple stationary bikes or elliptical if you can’t do the treadmill or the rower
In the end, it was definitely a good workout! It would be a great add on to your existing workout routine if you’re thinking about shaking things up or taking your workout to the next level.
It would be a great way to start a workout routine if you don’t already have one! Not as intimidating as the gym and a trainer is there to assist you.
Until next time!
TaraLynn @ Willow
Photo cred to: Orangetheory Fitness Calgary Creekside