Willow in Sherwood is the latest townhome community in Calgary’s northwest, and there are tons of incredible amenities right beside your new home!
Sherwood will be accessed from Shaganappi Trail or Sarcee Trail just north of Stoney Trail NW. Well situated to major transportation routes for easy access to downtown Calgary, the airport and the Rocky Mountains via Stoney Trail.
Shopping around there area is already well established, with even more to come. There are five main shopping areas that are only 5 minutes away from Willow in Sherwood;
- Beacon Hill – With the Costco and Home Depot, Beacon Hill has every type of store you might need. It’s your one stop shopping area that’s not even five minutes away.
- Creekside Shopping Centre – This is the other established shopping area within five minute drive. You have some great gathering places here from coffee shops to the local pub Scotsman Well. There has been one big mystery to Creekside and that’s what store is going to move into the old Rona store, we may not have to wait much longer as Target put in a request to move in there.
- Symons Valley Farmers Market – If you’re the type of person who enjoys locally grown produce or a more unique shopping experience, then there is no place better than a farmers market. This one is just down the street from both The Post and Willow, and offers great local selections.
- Nolan Hill Shopping Centre – Currently under construction, a list of tenants hasn’t been released. However, one we do know will be a Sobey’s grocery store. This is a great option that’s just down the street from Willow.
- Sage Hill Shopping Centre– There have been a few names for this shopping area, from Sage Hill Farm to Sage Hill Crossing. Currently having the land serviced and developed for construction, Walmart will be anchoring retailor here.
There are a lot of other shopping choices within a 15 minute drive to satisfy the shopaholic in you including CrossIron Mall, Market Mall, and Royal Oak Plaza.
Schools – Thinking about the future and worried about how far your kids might need to be bused to go to school? There are 3 new school under construction in neighboring communities, two in Evanston, and one in Royal Oak/Rocky Ridge;
- Evanston – Calgary school district a new kindergarten to Grade 4 school, capacity of 600 students with an anticipated completion of 2016
- Evanston – Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District a new kindergarten to Grade 9 school with a capacity of 900 students, anticipated completion of 2016
- Royal Oak/Rocky Ridge – Calgary School District New Grade 5-9 school, capacity of 900 students, anticipated completion of 2016
Between the situation to major routes, variety of shopping close by and school coming to the area, Willow in Sherwood is ideal for anyone looking to move to the community.
TaraLynn @ Willow