Willow at Sherwood is still in the early stages of construction, but the site is definitely starting to take shape and it is exciting to see the daily progress.
The curbs for the roadways are in, giving the site for Willow an outline and definition. It is now easy to visualize where each townhome building will be located on site. You can even see where manholes are and the fire hydrants! We hope to have the paving done by the end of next week, weather permitting of course, and once all this pre construction site setup is completed we will start digging our foundations.
In fact, we are so close to starting the digging of foundations that we had some of our townhouse homeowners out to site and did a groundbreaking with them. Everyone is getting really excited by the progress there so far! The excitement was coupled with the fact we opened our show homes this past weekend, so even though they can’t walk through anything on site yet we have two styles for show just up the street at The Post in Nolan Hill.
Here is a break down of where Construction is at:
- Around the Site – Curbs are in with paving starting next week
- Building 3 – The first building scheduled to start construction, we should have the foundations dug and poured over the next month or two
- Building 4 – The second building scheduled to start construction, we should have the foundations dug and poured over the next month or two
- Buildings 5, 6 & 7 – These buildings are scheduled to start construction after Buildings 3 & 4. We are looking to have the foundations dug and poured before the ground freezes and we get into the cold winter months of Jan/Feb. That way they are ready for framers to start work when they are completed with the first 2 buildings.
- Buildings 8, 9, 10, 1 & 2 – The order listed here is the order of scheduled construction currently.
Until next time!
TaraLynn, Willow at Sherwood